Photo

Anyone else not know about Cark's closure today?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 psyren101

psyren101
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

Rocked up this morning to find a large quantity of steam engine enthusiasts covering the runway and landing field, and not a skydiver in sight. :smt017

I haven't been for a few weeks so wasn't up this the gossip, but there doesn't seem to have been any warning? not on their website, or the email updates they send which are usually V good, and not in this forum either...

Am i missing something important?

Will normal service be resumed soon?

#2 ian

ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

they close every year on these dates its well known to all that jump there ,did you have a good day at the steam gathering then

#3 psyren101

psyren101
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:14 PM

So i am missing something. Been jumping there on and off (admittedly more off than on) for a few years, maybe i've just always missed it...

You don't agree it seems odd not to mention it in print, as it were? what about the non-regulars?

The steam gathering looked very exciting, unfortunately we decided not to hang about. maybe next year, now i know when its on... :D

#4 ian

ian
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

a post on here and other sights would have helped an a note in the last mag ,over the years i have been to dz,s that have no pilot ,aircraft due to overrun on a service and countless other reasons ,car fuels not cheap and a phone call b4 you set off in the morning or on the friday before a weekend can be pricless,i went to florida when i first started and z hill to find it was shut,so a trip to the lakes on a sunny days not a bad day out,
the steamgathering was sign posted from the m6 turnoff j36 all the way to the dz,i spent the day there and bumped into a few old skydiving mates who where thinking of starting again ,later

#5 Kevin Coffey

Kevin Coffey
  • Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

I did not know it was closed. :oops:
Nearly fcuked up there.
I went to Hibaldstow. I did not make up my mind till the m62jn :what:
Cark is 3hrs 20 round trip for me :(