8 replies to this topic

#1 Daf

Daf
  • Members
  • 212 posts
  • Home DZ:Hinton
  • Jumps:37

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

Have been mailed about the coming weekends Scrambles and read the basics about what they are. ALso more experienced friends are going along so seems like it could be fun.
But I'm a (relatively) complete newbie with regards to FS - just on 27 jumps and recently 20min tunnel with Andy Ford - so I was wondering - I know the min requirement for the Baldric slot is A-license - but is it advisable to get a bit more knowledge/experience before trying something like this ? I don't think I even know about all the FS stuff. Only ever jumped with AFFi. I could mess stuff up big style! :oops:

#2 Daf

Daf
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

On 2nd thoughts - I best give Hinton AFFi's a ring. But may go anyway as I think there's space for solos while this is going on.

#3 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

I'd certainly talk to the people who have known you in the air(Fordy in particular), but you sound like exactly the experience level Scrambles is aimed at!

Due to long-standing scheduling conflict I am gutted that I can't make Scrambles this year but I'd be glad to have you on my team with 20 minutes in the tunnel :)

#4 skybrick

skybrick
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

Loads of us 'AAFI's' at Hinton all day Friday pal so yeah give us a call.

Main thing for anyone doing the scrambles is make sure everyone renews your BPA membership for 2010/2011 as it runs out 31st March.

Don't be too put off by the met either, not only does it lie but we have a cheap bar and town nearby instead!

#5 Daf

Daf
  • Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:16 AM

Main thing for anyone doing the scrambles is make sure everyone renews your BPA membership for 2010/2011 as it runs out 31st March.

AAAARGH!
:doh:

Thanks for mentioning it, saved me a wasted trip. :yes:

#6 JoeB

JoeB
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Home DZ:Nomad

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

What happens if the non-FS1 jumper in the team disapears during the jump and cant get back to the formation - does the team score no points and lose (blaming the non-FS1 guy)

#7 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Nah, the idea is that if they have FS1, they should be good enough to fly with him. If they lose their baldrick, it's their fault, not his.

This is the theory... ;)

#8 Tricky

Tricky

Verified instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 5,160 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:1400

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

surely unless all 3 other members of the team have sufficienct coaching ability, non-fs1 wont be jumping with them.

#9 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

I think the Hinton scrambles require a qualified FS coach per team. I haven't asked them, so this next is just my idea but: maybe they treat Scrambles as a teaching exercise for the benefit of the Baldrick; the other two team members are there as props? Which is kinda how it should be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users