#1 vampiregirl

vampiregirl
  • Members
  • 408 posts
  • Home DZ:I'm a nomad
  • Jumps:1058

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hiya

I'm heading up to Cark for the GP this weekend, doing camera for a four way team. I've done about 100 camera jumps now and am still very much a baby and learning loads. I've done about 2 jumps in total from a PAC (at HInton) and no camera. Any advice? Tips? What to look out for? The wings and tail look quite low.. I'm flying with quite large wings.. do I need to make sure I don't inflate them for a few seconds to avoid decapitating myself?

All and any advice on here or via PM are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

#2 daveledward

daveledward
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:00 PM

I recommend trying to get up there the Friday before the comp and doing some trg jumps out of the PAC. Even that is leaving it late given the weather they sometimes have up there (or in my case, every time I have been up there). As I am not too far from Hinton I have been there and done a few jumps just to 'get my eye' in as the PAC is different.

I am not particularly tall but i am always conscious that the tailplane on a PAC is lower and closer than I am used to therefore I can not get as far back for the exit as I would do in a Dornier or indeed anything other than a PAC (or tailgate). Because of this tend to be right up against tail and much more likely to hit them on exit. From the PAC I peel (VERY slightly). All camera exits have their pros and cons and peeling can leaving you a long way behind, too steep or right in amongst it if you screw up the timing but I found that by pushing away and peeling as the inside centre's backside came out of the door frame I got reasonable judgable results pretty consistently - not as pretty as a Dornier exit but there you have it. Regular PAC camera dudes might trash this - its just my perspective as someone who only ever does it on Cark comp jumps.

Good luck with the weather and in the comp.

#3 vampiregirl

vampiregirl
  • Members
  • 408 posts
  • Home DZ:I'm a nomad
  • Jumps:1058

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks Dave.. I'm leaving tomorrow at 8am and the plan is to get a jump in tomorrow afternoon when we get there.. I may try and get a couple then to have a few go's at practising the exit. Just don't want to decapitate myself before the comp!

I'll make sure I have a talk with all of the camera peeps there tomorrow and will have a good look at the plane before jumping.

Thanks again! Am excited.. woo hoo!

#4 Simon Nath

Simon Nath
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Jumps:2500

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hi from a regular Cark jumper with a fair bit of 4 way camera experience. Are you coming up this year for the Grand Prix? If you want an more advice please reply.

Best wishes,

Simon