#1 skydivingyeti

skydivingyeti
  • Members
  • 204 posts
  • Home DZ:Nomad
  • Jumps:230

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hi all,

I may not have access to a car on Sat Aug 13th, and I'd like to get to Hinton to try on / buy a rig ... can anyone suggest the best way of getting nearby for a pickup, or is anyone going from around Birmingham? As far as I remember it's a bit out of the way, I'm guessing there aren't many convenient bus services that will drive a couple of kilometers up a country road onto the airfield ... :P

Cheers,

H

#2 spindoctor

spindoctor

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 926 posts
  • Home DZ:Hinton Hib Airkix Weston
  • Jumps:2900

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

Chiltern Railways operate a service that runs near to Hinton.

Check each service as they dont stop at all stations.

Get on at Snow Hill or Moor Street in the city.

Get off at Banbury and get a taxi - can't give a cost

There is a closer station; Kings Sutton, but it may be more difficult to get a taxi. Or you may have to book one from Banbury or Brackley. Or if you're lucky you could ask the DZ or the seller to collect you.

#3 peachez

peachez
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Jumps:52

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

like spindoctor said, get a train to Banbury and take a taxi ( £13-18£). There is a bus from Banbury but it visits every single village in the area before and just drives twice an hour or so before leaving you with a 1.5 mile walk in the end.
I usually do not do Kings Sutton as there are just trains once an hour, it is closer but when you arrive you are in the middle of nowhere so if you have not organized a lift before you are stuck.
Saying this the locals are very friendle and I nearly always get a lift back to the station end of day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users