BCPA Langar 2012There's no rest for the wicked, therefore I present to you the next BCPA event of 2012! We are returning to Langar for more cheap competitions, more discounted FS coaching, cheap jumps, the epicness of Shaggys bar and a bonfire at Langar Henge with guaranteed drunkeness!
When: Friday 9th -> Sunday 11th March 2012
Where: Langar Dropzone, Nottinghamshire
What: Come along to find out!
-> 3-Way FS Competition (£68/Team including camera - £5 extra fee to use pool camera), just a single round, pick your own teams
-> 2 Cessna Grand Caravans (16 jumpers to maximum altitude in 20 minutes!)
-> £17 jump tickets to max altitude all weekend!
-> 2-way FF Competition (£51/Team including camera), just a single round, pick your own teams
-> No accuracy competition, more focus on fun jumps and coaching!
-> Big-ways, tracking dives and fun jumps!
-> Fully stocked bar - very cheap drinks!
-> Bonfire at Langar Henge
-> Drinking games on Saturday night, with FREE DRINKS!
-> Fancy dress theme - BAD TASTE! You know you want to...
-> FS and FF Coaching for just £29 for both slots with no coaching fees - more BCPA discounts!
-> Opportunity for RAPS and AFF progression!
-> Safety Day on Sunday - worth sitting in on!
Why: Because this is what the BCPA does! Langar has hosted some epic BCPA events in the past, and we need your help to top that this year
Facebook Signup: (Click to signup)
Event in detail, for the uninitiated...
-> Friday Daytime:
The dropzone will be open and getting there early is a great way of getting some jumps in before it gets busy!
-> Friday Evening:
- Most people arrive.
- Register for event and do kit & docs (latest time TBC). Registration costs £5 (pays for discounted jumps, competition awards, free drinks etc) - find Sam Lee for your wristband.
- Eat off-site, socialise/chill/drink in Langar bar
-> Saturday Daytime:
- Remainder of people arrive
- Rest of registrations/kit & docs from 07:30am. DZ Brief for visitors at 08:45!
- No registration required for the competitions - just submit your video evidence by Sunday at 1pm.
- Then... jumping or else B-cert progression briefs + bad weather activities/competitions
-> Saturday Evening:
- Delicious evening meal usually available in Cafe
- BCPA Ipod DJ's!
- Organised drinking games with FREE DRINKS!
- Bonfire at Langar Henge
- Bad Taste Fancy Dress! Alcoholic prize for the best outfit!
- More jumping!
- All competition entries submitted by 1pm, results announced 2pm and awards presented
- Most people leave late afternoon to get back at a reasonable time.
- Large camp-site (free)
- Bunkhouse (get there early to reserve a bed!)
- Showers (free)
- Wireless (free)
- Cafe / Full Bar (not free!)
-> Website: http://www.bpslangar.co.uk/
-> Postcode: NG13 9HY
-> 3-way FS competition, and 2-way FF competition:
- Just 1 round, to keep it more accessible
- Pick your own teams, compete properly!
- Special BCPA price for the competition: £17 per slot! (pool camera costs an extra £5)
- Emphasis on fun jumps, so other organised jumps include:
- Tracking dives (beginner & intermediate)
- Organised FS dives (all levels)
- Hoop dives, day at the races & anything else we can come up with!
- FS & freefly coaching available for just £29 per jump! - please try to let me know in advance if you are interested!
- Normal jump tickets: £17
- Kit hire: £15 (including packing)
-> Documents Required: (you should know this by now!)
- Logbook / FAI licence
- BPA membership card
- Reserve docs (and in date!)
Plenty of instructors available.
- Jump Tickets: £40 (including kit hire & packing)
-> Currency requirements:
- Must have done their first jump (unless trained at Langar)
- If less than 3 months: No problem, just refresh on day
- 3 to 6 months: Will require a retrain at own cost.
- More than 6 months since last jump: Will need to go through a full ground school at own cost - not available on this weekend.
- Required documents: Logbook / Initial training card / P6 BPA membership card
...NB: The last two are sometimes retained by your DZ, so make sure you have them before coming!
If students plan on doing AFF jumps at Langar and were not trained there, please contact Langar directly for prices and currency requirements.