timmyg
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunks
  • Jumps:800

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Where are we going?

This year, the BCPA is returning to an old favourite, Skydive Spain! It is located just outside of Seville in sunny southern Spain!

Why not the USA?

It is a big price drop on previous years thus hopefully allowing more people to go.

When are we going?

The trip will run from the 25th March to 6th April 2013. It gives 10 full skydiving days.

Who is allowed to go?

Everybody is. From the 1000 jump wonders out there to those thinking about their first jump! The trip is initially open to University students and recent graduates. I will open the trip up to non-students in three days after initial sign up to fill the remaining spaces.
***If you are a non-University student but are over 25 and a driver then please get in touch as you in turn help make the trip cheaper for everyone!***

Are spaces limited?

YES! The trip is initially open to 100 people. Spaces after that will be available but will be much more costly due to higher flight prices. The earlier you book, the cheaper the trip will be.

How much does it cost?

The exact cost is impossible to state at this point. It will roughly be £570. This figure is dependent on the number of people going, the speed people sign up and the age of people going for car hire. It is also subject to changes based on exchange rates.
After I have all the numbers going, I should be able to produce a revised price.

It is a lot of money to pay in one go, hence it is paid by installments:

• First deposit (required when signing up to secure your place): £295
  • Second deposit (due around December): ~£120
  • Third deposit: ~£150

Bank transfer (BACS) is the preferred payment method. You can also pay these by credit card through google checkouts but this will incur around a 3.4% fee.

Why is the first deposit so expensive?

The first deposit has to pay for your flights and the deposits on car hire and the accommodation.

What do I get for my money?

This covers:
  • Flights from London Gatwick to Seville inclusive of a 20kg bag in the hold + unlimited hand luggage weight (size restrictions apply). - This is generally enough for one person with a normal sized rig.
  • Hotel accommodation – all rooms are en-suite with a mini kitchen if you want to save money and cook for yourself.
  • Car hire - to/from the airport + driving to/from the dropzone/nearby trips.
  • Travel Insurance covering skydiving accidents.
  • ….and most importantly, your Tour T shirt.
Is there a deadline?

Yes! To secure the rate for the flights they need paying now. It will be open for 7 days or until 100 places have been sold. After that, there will be a revised price based on the new cost of flights.

What does Skydive Spain have to offer?

• 2x Dornier G92’s – super fast planes going to 15,000ft every time in 15mins.
  • 2 Large packing hangers
  • Coaching and Load Organising
  • On site café/bar
  • Massive landing area
  • Highly skilled, English speaking Instructors
  • Glorious weather averaging 20-25C in March/April!*
  • Lots of bars/restaurants in the neighbouring town including the infamous steakhouse ‘Haystacks’ (not suitable for vegetarians)
  • Beautiful Seville about 30 mins away.
  • Beaches around 1 hour away
*Weather is not to be trusted no matter where you are in the world....

What about skydiving costs?

• Experienced tickets €23 /jump (£18-19)
  • Kit hire €15 / jump including pack job
What about RAPS?

Yes we support RAPS students as always, even if you are still on static line! Your last jump must be within 6 weeks of going to Spain, or if the weather has been rubbish your last refresh must be within 2 weeks.

• RAPS tickets €38 /jump (£30-32)

AFF - For first time skydivers!

Never skydived before? This is your chance to get fully qualified in one trip! The course cost is very competitive with doing your AFF in the UK but you get the added bonus you get an awesome holiday at the same time in sunny Spain!

The costs of the full AFF course are dependent on numbers coming.

The full course including consolidation jumps (that’s a total of 18 skydives) including all kit hire starts at €1700 (£1300-1400) but then DROPS as more people sign up! Encourage your friends to come along as well!

What if I am part way through my AFF training at another dropzone?

Although it is preferred that you try and complete your AFF levels with the centre you started it with, we can adopt you into Skydive Spain’s AFF system! Your last jump must be within 6 weeks of going to Spain (the closer to the trip dates the better). If for some reason you have done your ground school elsewhere but not yet done your level 1 jump, then you will have to start as a brand new AFF student.

• Lv2/3: €227 (£180-190)
  • Lv4/5/6/7: €158 (£130-135)
  • Lv 8: €47 (£37-40)
  • Consolidation Jumps: €38 (£30-32)

So how do I sign up?

Sign up needs to be done through the BCPA website. Go to this Link HERE and follow the instructions near the bottom of the page.

Blue Skies,
Tim

Please note: If you book independently of the BCPA you will not benefit from any of the perks of going on the BCPA trip (ticket rates, car hire, accommodation rate, load organising, parties etc).

#2 SamLee

SamLee

BCPA Council

• Members
  • 2,935 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson
  • Jumps:940

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

While unfortunately I cannot go this year, I would strongly recommend this to anyone. Seville is a fantastic dropzone, and the BCPA trips are great for all levels, from experienced to complete newbs. So sign up asap!!! Posted Image

#3 timmyg

timmyg
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunks
  • Jumps:800

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Spaces are filling up, this is looking to be a pretty epic trip! If any non-BCPA would be keen to go please let me know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users