14 replies to this topic

#1 Extremedad

Extremedad
  • Members
  • 122 posts
  • Home DZ:Beccles
  • Jumps:300+

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

There has been 5 topics in the last 2 years why is this, people say there's not much going on at beccles, maybe it's because no one knows about it, let's all make the effort to let people know what's going on :)

Edited by Extremedad, 03 April 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#2 ksudiver87

ksudiver87
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Home DZ:Kansas USA
  • Jumps:550

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Beccles has been EXTREAMLY helpful in helping me work out a car pool as i'm traveling from the US. Friendliest bunch of people i've never met :)

#3 Extremedad

Extremedad
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Indeed they are I seem to spend most of every weekend there, when are you thinking of going there as I travel through Colchester and happy to pick you up on the way through :)

#4 ksudiver87

ksudiver87
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Home DZ:Kansas USA
  • Jumps:550

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

looks like it may be either the 22nd,23rd, or 24th sadly the weekend wont work for me.

#5 Extremedad

Extremedad
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

That might be cool, would be a good excuse to get off work and skydive :)

#6 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts
  • Jumps:6

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Might not be able to get a jump in mid week if there aren't enough people around... though I'm tempted to bunk of work, that's at least three of us... so we need to find another 5 people keen to make it up there.

#7 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Oh, and in answer to the initial question: I asked the same question a while ago, the Fun Jumpers FB page is where most of the action goes on, plus there's a weekly or monthly email that clubbies get. They said once we've got our A licence they'll add us to the email list Extremedad..

#8 purpletaboofreak

purpletaboofreak
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Home DZ:UKPS Beccles
  • Jumps:100+

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Make that 4 :-P

#9 Extremedad

Extremedad
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

That will be next week then Bryan lol :)

#10 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Damn right it will!
Then onto FS1! Definitely going to see what I can get in the way of free coaching on the 28th. Looking forward to jumping with yourself and Purpletaboofreak

#11 purpletaboofreak

purpletaboofreak
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Home DZ:UKPS Beccles
  • Jumps:100+

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

Damn right it will!
Then onto FS1! Definitely going to see what I can get in the way of free coaching on the 28th. Looking forward to jumping with yourself and Purpletaboofreak

Hells yeah!! Me too  :thumbs:

#12 mickkk

mickkk
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Home DZ:UK Prachuting Beccles
  • Jumps:259

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I have been jumping Beccles from the time Uk Parachuting moved from Old Buckenham. Back then the club scene was very small, it seemed to be just a handfull of people, most of my earlier jumps were solo and I would be the only club jumper on the load. How things have changed! We have a very big club scene now with lots of very regular jumpers, most of the communication is by word of mouth and through "Beccles fun jumpers" (closed group) on facebook. Facebook took off just as the club scene was building and think they went hand in hand. I joined Uk Skydiver years ago but must admit this is the first time I have been on here for a year or two. For those who know us, and those who don't, Uk Parachuting at Beccles has become a friendly and dare I say it informal dropzone, give us a look sometime!

#13 chrisjudd

chrisjudd
  • Members
  • 329 posts
  • Home DZ:Langar

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Sounds good - why a closed group though? Why not make it public so everyone can see what's going on?

#14 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

Sounds good - why a closed group though? Why not make it public so everyone can see what's going on?

Because the language is fruitier than you can imagine.

I was very impressed when I was at Beccles last year, okay tandems are the priority but the turnaround was stonkingly quick.  It's a very professional outfit, everyone hustles and everyone gets the jumps they want in. At least the did the weekend I was there.

#15 mickkk

mickkk
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Home DZ:UK Prachuting Beccles
  • Jumps:259

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have no idea why its a closed group, if I had to guess I would say it is so we don't have it full of people we don't know making comments and pasting rubbish on there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users