#1 Neilroberts55

Neilroberts55
  • Members
  • 173 posts
  • Home DZ:Langar
  • Jumps:31

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hi

After a conversation with someone on the phone I'm swinging towards doing my training with you (static line obviously)

Just gathering a little more info then if I go ahead I will be booking shortly anyone who would like to add a little something I would be grateful to hear anyone's opinion on this dz and its people and atmosphere

Thanks in advance

#2 Colin

Colin

UKS Verified Instructor

• Members
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I think it's great but I'm a little biased as I own it!

Check out the Skydive Tilstock group on Facebook  8)

#3 marycarbutt

marycarbutt
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Home DZ:Tilstock
  • Jumps:60+

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

I agree with Colin ;) it's awesome at Tilstock!!

#4 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts
  • Jumps:6

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

I've not been to Tilstock yet, but I'm hoping it's AMAZING because I'm coming up for a day in August to avoid my extended family that I'm supposed to be seeing.

#5 buzz

buzz

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 4,171 posts
  • Jumps:3000+

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Neil,

Tily is the best little DZ in the country, of course I am biased as I am the CCI and my Boss is three posts above this one ;-)

I don't think I would be far wrong in saying that we are well known for making everyone feel welcome and part of the DZ from their first visit (bring beer for the fridge and you'll have friends for life), and I know you will be well looked after when you come and do your Static Line course with us.

Bryan, we try our best to be amazing, but I am confident that a visit to us will be better than suffering your extended family ;-)

Please remember guys we are open Fridays, Saturdays, Bank Holiday Mondays and some Thursdays during the summer, but there is no jumping on Sundays,

#6 babz

babz
  • Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Home DZ:Langar
  • Jumps:513

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I've only been there the once and it seemed very friendly :-) 

#7 Stevie Coops

Stevie Coops
  • Members
  • 311 posts
  • Home DZ:Tilstock / Langar

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Its incredibly friendly (both club jumpers and staff), full of laughs and the beer fridge is second to none. They also carry on looking out for their jumpers, even after they have finished their training and received cat 8. 

Once you have cat 8 everyone will no doubt be telling you to get your FS1...this is where Tilly is AWESOME again....free coaching! (obviously you pay for your own jump ticket) Not only is it free but the coaches are great - serious, but what a giggle!

I've only been to one other dropzone (which was also good) but I don't see a need to  :)

Be nice to meet you brother!

#8 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts
  • Jumps:6

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bryan, we try our best to be amazing, but I am confident that a visit to us will be better than suffering your extended family ;-)

Haha. I'm easily pleased, it wont take much, even if we end up grounded on weather hold it'll be better than being dragged around looking at antique tea pots with estranged aunts/uncles/cousins  :thumbs:

#9 T4Russ

T4Russ
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

I did my training at tilly back in 2000 and was a regular there for a few years as it was the closest DZ when i lived with my parents. It's a great DZ, very friendly, fantastic instructors and plenty of parties. so go for it, you'll love the DZ.

#10 pegasus854

pegasus854
  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Home DZ:Hib
  • Jumps:800

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Tilly is the friendliest little DZ in the country IMHO!! :)

#11 Chris Smith

Chris Smith
  • Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Tilly is the friendliest little DZ in the country IMHO!! :)

nothing biased there then :whistle:

......but it is an awesome DZ! some awesome friendly folk there.

#12 MrCat

MrCat
  • Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I drive past a drop zone to get to Tily...

#13 pegasus854

pegasus854
  • Members
  • 137 posts
  • Home DZ:Hib
  • Jumps:800

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

nothing biased there then :whistle:
......but it is an awesome DZ! some awesome friendly folk there.

Only a little biased Chris!! ;)

#14 Canuck

Canuck
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Jumps:100+

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

Haha. I'm easily pleased, it wont take much, even if we end up grounded on weather hold it'll be better than being dragged around looking at antique tea pots with estranged aunts/uncles/cousins  :thumbs:

Even if we are grounded the instructors are always ready and willing to run through any briefs you may need for CH1/2 etc....oh, and Ange's cafe is awesome too!! :)

Looking forward to seeing you both at Tily :thumbs:    

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users