6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul B

Paul B
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:10 AM

Got my AFF finally on 20th but wouldn't mind a few practice runs in a tunnel

Any time available in Manchester?

Been on airkix site but seems pricey for first timers as I have never been to a tunnel before

#2 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Been on airkix site but seems pricey for first timers as I have never been to a tunnel before

That is the reason why it seems pricey. The price doesn't just include your time in the tunnel, it includes the instructor taking you and the others through the classroom teaching side of things too, so that you get given all the basics of body position, hand signals and probably other things too. 

It is cheaper for experienced skydivers as they (in theory) don't need that extra classroom tuition. The tunnel will likely make your AFF less daunting and should reduce the chance of repeating levels. If you do go for it, make sure you let your instructor know that you are planning on doing AFF so he may be able to tailor the time in there more specifically for that purpose.

#3 Paul B

Paul B
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for reply!

Just want to give myself the best chance of not having to re-sit any levels

#4 arkie3

arkie3
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

http://www.ukskydive...4312-allymilne/ drop ally an email.heard he does coached tunnel time in manchester  :thumbs:

#5 arkie3

arkie3
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

hi paul,what DZ are you doing your AFF? i do mine at langar on the 27th  :scream:

#6 Paul B

Paul B
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm doing mine at langar! But on 20th I start, hoping to have it boxed off by the Friday all being well

#7 arkie3

arkie3
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well good luck with it and hope the weather plays ball :-).be sure to lets us know how you get on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users