2013 Nationals

nationals

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm going to say 85 as the final figure. I'm dreading the camping and showers....

You want to get a teammate who lives in Hibaldstow village... I can def recommend it.

#22 babz

babz
  • Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Home DZ:Langar
  • Jumps:513

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

so thats 35 4 way teams.. over 60 have registered already.. Any chance of getting the details from the DZ and putting up?

#23 jenny buckle

jenny buckle
  • Members
  • 415 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow / Langar
  • Jumps:750

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Yep come on Hib, give us the full list. I'm really not sure I can wait another day and a half!

#24 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yep come on Hib, give us the full list. I'm really not sure I can wait another day and a half!

Where's Brentford when you need him...

Edit: Never mind, he doesn't know! 

Edited by BLawford, 22 August 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#25 simonbrentford

simonbrentford
  • Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

I don't have a full list, but I can confirm that as of yesterday 70 teams had registered. I am sure a few more will do so today and tmrw.

#26 Kel

Kel
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Home DZ:Langar
  • Jumps:500

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

The breakdown so far is

AAA - 21

AA - 6

A - 22

Rookie - 18

VFS - 3

So you've got at least a 50% chance of getting a medal babz :P

#27 Skykitten

Skykitten
  • Verified Instructors
  • 575 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson
  • Jumps:1500

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

The breakdown so far is

AAA - 21

AA - 6

A - 22

Rookie - 18

VFS - 3

So you've got at least a 50% chance of getting a medal babz :P

hmmm...did I say Cinco de Mayo were in AAA, er, I meant AA.

(Just joking before anyone gets upset). :thumbs:

#28 Skykitten

Skykitten
  • Verified Instructors
  • 575 posts
  • Jumps:1500

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

You want to get a teammate who lives in Hibaldstow village... I can def recommend it.

or a caravan with a shower! :thumbs:

#29 nigelh

nigelh
  • Members
  • 1,772 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Empuriabrava
  • Jumps:5500+

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'm sure that once they finish typing in all the registration form details, registering every jumper, manifesting the training jumps, setting up the DZ, running the office.... then they will type up the details of every team here on UKS.....

#30 CharlieP

CharlieP
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:372

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'm sure that once they finish typing in all the registration form details, registering every jumper, manifesting the training jumps, setting up the DZ, running the office.... then they will type up the details of every team here on UKS.....

On a slightly more serious note, they'll have to put them all on http://www.omniskore...s/default.shtml at some point.  Though I have the feeling that'll be not very many hours before (hypothetical) wheels-up tomorrow...

#31 CharlieP

CharlieP
  • Members
  • 283 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:372

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just paid by phone - the count now apparently "73 or 74"...

#32 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

For all you stats geeks out there, here's a graph I've had going for a few years showing the results trend for the top 4 positions since the Rookie, A etc categories came about in 2006.

Attached File  results.jpg   110.06KB   96 downloads

Interesting to see that in general the results for Rookies are going downhill, A and AA are variable but with no overall up or down trend, but AAA has a definite upward trend. They are getting better at the top!! 

#33 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

Wow. If only humanity could come up with some way of only typing things once, then having them turn up in multiple places - even better, if they could do it by holding down a couple of keys.

That would be amazing.

Man, one day I'm gonna crack that one, and I'm gonna be rich.

#34 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:51 PM

PS Nationals was superb. And it's interesting about the stats... this year in AAA you needed a 14 average just to make the top ten, and 12.5 got you 15th place. That is definitely new and exciting.

Rookie medalists were a little weaker than in recent years, but the overall standard of Rookie seemed about the same, and generally healthy. A was, if anything, tougher (and last year was tough).

I think the future looks great.

[edit: This is mostly my unscientific looking at the videos and the leader boards across the meet, not as precise as degeneration's number crunching - nerdy in a different way, maybe.]

#35 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Interesting to see that in general the results for Rookies are going downhill, A and AA are variable but with no overall up or down trend, but AAA has a definite upward trend. They are getting better at the top!! 

Ah but you started your stats in 2006 the year after MK and Bedford tunnels opened and there was a massive spike in the results. If you look at the Rookie results from 2005, a 9.75ave would have won you bronze. In 2013, bronze was won with a 9.4 average.

I'm assuming you started your stats in 2006 as that was the first year with four categories - Rookie/A/AA/AAA? 2005 had Rookie/Inters/Seniors classes.

#36 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

That is correct, started in 2006 cause of the 4 categories.

Assuming Rookie is identical to Junior, then I could add in more data points. Are they the same?

And if 9.75 got bronze in 2005 and 9.4 got bronze this year, what that suggests is that there is very little difference between then and now. So that spike in results from the opening of the wind tunnels, has faded back to the norm?

#37 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Yup Rookie is identical to Juniors, in fact so identical I just got the name wrong. The same 16 randoms since at least 2005.

It shows there is little difference and that people believe that a 10ave is about when to step up to the next class. Rookies also gets very boring very quickly if you're turning that many points and blocks are way more fun.

Edited by dbac, 27 August 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#38 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

there is very little difference between then and now. So that spike in results from the opening of the wind tunnels, has faded back to the norm?

I'm not sure that's true - I think the top three or four results doesn't tell us as much as the area under the curve, as it were.

#39 Juz

Juz
  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • Jumps:670

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

For all you stats geeks out there, here's a graph I've had going for a few years showing the results trend for the top 4 positions since the Rookie, A etc categories came about in 2006.

attachicon.gifresults.jpg

Don't think the numbers are correct for 2013 Rookie.

Omniskore doesn't have them added up correctly - the total isn't including round 8 - for example I know that 3rd place scored 66 after R7 and 74 at the end.

Skyleague has got the correct totals - http://ww1.skyleague...php?team=130337

Juz

#40 nigelh

nigelh
  • Members
  • 1,772 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Empuriabrava
  • Jumps:5500+

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

Wow. If only humanity could come up with some way of only typing things once, then having them turn up in multiple places - even better, if they could do it by holding down a couple of keys.

That would be amazing.

Man, one day I'm gonna crack that one, and I'm gonna be rich.

I think you missed my point that they had better things to do rather than worry about a little forum post

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nationals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users