• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spencer61

Spencer61
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Jumps:97

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

Does anybody know whether under this offer you can get free FS coaching whilst in the tunnel from the Bodyflight guys or is that going to cost me extra? If its going to cost would I be able to take an external FS coach in the tunnel for free with me during my tunnel time?

I have called but they are closed for the day hence the post!

Cheers

#2 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

- The hour you buy has to be flown all in the same day. - The tunnel rats can teach you basic FS but they won't have much time before for a brief or after for a debrief. - There are many external FS coaches who can help out. Bodyflight won't charge but the coach might. I'm there already on the Weds 28th August and have 15mins spare if you're interested? Let me PM you.

#3 kiteboarder

kiteboarder
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

noticed a few posts regarding a BPA offer at Bedford Tunnel... what is it if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks

#4 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

Take a copy of the ad in the Mag in, and get an hour for £400. It runs out fairly soon.

You have to take it at least half an hour at a time I think, and maybe organise your own rotations.

I really need to get out from under this crushing house move and take advantage of it, though it might be out of reach. I'm pretty sure I own a freefly suit somewhere...

#5 AntipodeanLad

AntipodeanLad
  • Members
  • 548 posts
  • Jumps:6

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Take a copy of the ad in the Mag in, and get an hour for £400. It runs out fairly soon.

You have to take it at least half an hour at a time I think, and maybe organise your own rotations.

I really need to get out from under this crushing house move and take advantage of it, though it might be out of reach. I'm pretty sure I own a freefly suit somewhere...

Fairly sure the hour needs to be used in a single day.

#6 Mej

Mej
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Couldn't see it in last month, which one is it in?

#7 eightwayliz

eightwayliz

UKS Verified Instructor

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Try looking on page 19!

#8 Spencer61

Spencer61
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

The offer is supposed to run until the end of September! I was allowed to do 2 30 minute slots over 2 different days, 1 with rotations and one without (because there was nobody else available) but they give you 1 minute rest after every 2 minutes if you don't have rotations. They allowed up to 3 others in the tunnel at the same time aswell so I got some great coaching from a friend then got some other guys involved for some decent 4 way action!!

#9 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I was trying to take advantage of this offer, but just couldn't there was any suitable available time when the people I was going to go with could all manage. 

then was going to try to find new people to go with. Then the exhaust went on my car, and any money I had planned on using at Bodyflight paid for that.

Oh well.

#10 Mej

Mej
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

What's the deal with rotations, do you just need 1 other person then share a coach?

#11 Spencer61

Spencer61
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

You can rotate with anyone. If your going to use a one of their coaches and you know somebody else who wants similar training to you then it would make sense to rotate like that. I just rang up, told them I wanted to do 2 half hour slots with rotations and then they sorted it out. Might mean you have to work around others when it comes to the time you book but its worth it.

#12 Craig

Craig

UKS Verified Instructor & Council 2016

• Verified Instructors
  • 2,647 posts
  • Home DZ:Chatteris
  • Jumps:4500

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I was trying to take advantage of this offer, but just couldn't there was any suitable available time when the people I was going to go with could all manage. 

I'm quite surprised at this. I was at Bodyflight three evenings last week and the tunnel had space before, during and after our sessions. Last night was busier with no space. For the price, I'm surprised more people aren't snapping their hand off.

#13 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

We've been quite restricted by times - only certain days after certain times. Every day that I called up to enquire about had at most 30 mins that were available. 

I would still be looking for any other time I could get with people, but that car exhaust expense has ruined that plan.

#14 Spencer61

Spencer61
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yeah like Craig said it shouldn't be too bad now. A few weeks back you would have been contending with kids on their school holidays and team training for nationals and other comps. It's a good deal!

P.S. car exhausts are overrated :)

#15 Muz

Muz
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Home DZ:Third rock on the way out.
  • Jumps:600

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:59 AM

Hi!

Trying to take advantage of this but don't have a copy of the mag. Found some suitable times next week.

Anyone willing to part with their vouchers for a generous compensation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users