volosity freefly ricardo calero paniagua

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 DWatson

DWatson
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey jamiesmum, was a pleasure chatting to you on Friday, fascinating story about Jamie, and he looked so happy in the tunnel! Loved the fact he couldn't resist a little FF doing backflip out the door!! Hopefully you didn't stay long ebough to see my dreadful performance in there after the scrambles! After I talked up my skills and everything!! 😳

Hopefully see you guys down there again!

#22 SamCarter

SamCarter
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Home DZ:UKPS Beccles

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

Lovely video from Ric there Kate! Look forward to seeing the next 100 jumps from both Jamie and Ricar...

and Duncan you were awesome!

#23 jamiesmum

jamiesmum
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

for those of you who like to follow what's going on - this is Jamie on the British HU record last weekend 

#24 jamiesmum

jamiesmum
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

SO - this is just for the people who are interested.  Jamie and Ricar started learning FS with Tarn Hollis and Allessandro Del Cucina twelve weeks ago, the plan being to see if they could use The Bodyflight World Challenge as a point of focus.  They want to be able to skydive as safely as possible with whoever is around at a DZ and hence want to be able to join in with FS if they get the chance - and if people are willing to fly with them.  They also decided to do Freefly for the WC and when dynamic got changed from 4 to 2, they decided to go all out and do all 3.  They knew they had no chance of winning in any category (we don't have sponsors - Jamie is still a full time college student so we have to fit in training around college and homework and actually getting to sleep at times - he also needs time to play minecraft and see his girlfriend).  The challenge was to see if they could have a go at all 3 and not come last in any of them.  We spent a lot of time debating which level of FS they should go into and it was agreed that even though they had their coaches with them (thank you SO much for doing this for them Tarn and Alex) that AAA would be totally out of their league after only 12 weeks and we'd look like they were getting way ahead of themselves but they could have a go at AA and see what they could do.  There were people who did give us stick for doing 3 events anyway, but for us this is supposed to be fun, and a challenge.  This isn't Jamie's career (although I'm hoping it might become Ricar's).  It's what Jamie does to unwind from college (which is a struggle for him).  It where he goes to let off steam.   A big part of why Jamie starting flying in the tunnel was we found it helped control his Tourette's ticks.  These days he hardly ticks at all.  The fact that Jamie managed to get through two days of competition with the help of his three team mates and to be in a building with that many people and to be calm and relaxed and focused and to be able to interact with people all ages and from all countries is immense for us.  This is what tunnel flying has given Jamie and it's so lovely when people are supportive.  Now he's out in Empuria with me for the rest of the month getting his jump numbers up (he is just about to do his 300th, which almost exactly a year on from his AFF is pretty good).  I'm still scared every time he jumps but when I see video of him flying and how incredibly happy he is up there zooming around in the sky I know that I will always do everything I can to support him in following his dreams.  To the people who have a problem with it, then let us know and we'll do our best to make sure he's not on a load with you and to he people who have been so supportive - THANK YOU - it has completely changed a life so much for the better.  Just for the record they came 6th in the freefly, 4th in the dynamic (Jamie had a total brain freeze in the 1st round) and they came 3rd in the AA.   I am so happy for them.

#25 Andy Collins

Andy Collins
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • Home DZ:wherever I find myself
  • Jumps:150+

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

an interesting update, nice work  :) and I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it

Edited by Andy Collins, 07 April 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#26 Matt43

Matt43
  • Members
  • 33 posts
  • Home DZ:Netheravon/Dunkeswell
  • Jumps:800+

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Jamiesmum, the only reason people have a problem is pure jealousy. We would all like to have had the opportunity Jamie (and also Ricar!) has been afforded by you, but unfortunately few of us have, and some people don't have the good grace not to be bitter about that. I saw Jamie fly in Bedford a couple of years ago with no idea of his story. I've since seen most of his achievements, and had the pleasure of watching him train with Tarn a couple of weeks ago in Basingstoke. Well done at the weekend - I was there but didn't do nearly so well - and good luck in the future.

Edited by Matt43, 08 April 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#27 jamiesmum

jamiesmum
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:04 PM

Thank you - it has totally changed Jamie's life.  I can't imagine how he would have been without flying.  He did his 300th jump this morning and his best friend did his first AFF jump so it's been a really good day.  I'd just like it if everyone who wanted to jump could do it - I enjoy seeing people follow their dreams.

#28 rjblake

rjblake
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Amazing story and so good to hear how it has improved Jamie's life! Good on you for the support you've given him and as others have said - ignore the negative comments. Bravo!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volosity freefly, ricardo calero paniagua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users