I am organising an Emergency First Aid for Skydivers course at Bodyflight Bedford which will include 30 minutes flying time at the end of the course. This may especially appeal to groups as they can benefit more from the flying time as all together.
This is a high quality specialised training course that has been designed for skydivers.
· Legal aspects & Record Keeping
· Trauma & Mechanism of injury
· Common skydiving injuries & Treatment
· Responding to emergencies
· Incident management
· Patient assessment
· Manual in-line stabilisation of the spine
· When & how to remove the helmet /When not to
· When & how to remove the harness /When not to
· Respiratory Problems
· Airway management
· Suspension Trauma
· Water Incidents, Drowning
· Medical Emergencies (ie: Anaphylactic shock, Hypoglycaemia, Hyperglycaemia, Asthma etc)
· Bites & Stings
· Altitude illness
· Acute haemorrhage control and clotting agents
· Dealing with multiple casualties
· Equipment Review; What should you have in your first aid kit?
· What/How can be improvised to deliver aid
· Adult CPR (Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation), Additional Content: Infant and Pediatric Resus
· AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
· DZ/Tunnel emergency procedures
· Realistic practical trauma scenarios using skydiving gear including helmet and harness
Edited by UKS James, 27 February 2014 - 07:45 AM.
FB links removed