#1 James

James

Former UKS Administrator

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunkeswell
  • Jumps:500+

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

I have been offered a choice of new phones for work (I already have an iPhone for personal calls).

The options are Galaxy S4, Nokia Lumia 635 or Sony Xperia M2.

I will generally use it for calls as I have a work laptop and iPad but wondered if anyone had used any of these phones and could recommend one over the others?

Thanks

James

#2 Paul Lugg

Paul Lugg
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Home DZ:DZ Whore
  • Jumps:70+

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

I would avoid the s4 James, I have one and it is very slow and the battery is rubbish, I think iv spent most of ownership charging the bloody thing, fortunately I'm due an upgrade soon.

#3 pandamonia

pandamonia
  • Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

Well any of them would be an improvement over an iphone - I would go for a nice dual sim android phone - would allow you to carry only 1 phone - with both sim cards active all the time.

Out of the 3 you have mentioned I would say the S4.

The s6 is looking like my next phone.

#4 Stevie Coops

Stevie Coops
  • Members
  • 311 posts
  • Home DZ:Tilstock / Langar

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

DO NOT go for the Nokia. Windows phones are on the way out and the sooner the better.

I'd go for the Sony. Decent build phone, will feel more solid as the S4 and still run on the Android OS. 

#5 DLEightyFive

DLEightyFive
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Jumps:1

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

I quite like my Nokia Lumia but after a year using Windows Phone OS, I'm still undecided if I like it or not...suppose that kind of says something.

I had a Galaxy S3 and hated it, broke it 3 times. Never had a Sony so can't comment on that phone.

#6 digidude

digidude
  • Members
  • 302 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Swansea
  • Jumps:247&½

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

i ALWAYS had nokias right up untill the N95 and smartphones and iPhones came out just after. Then i was able to have both an iPhone and an android HTC. The iPhone was (and still is) sh!t. Software locked and only the way apple wants it. I currently also have an S4, which, up untill my missus fooked about with my charger 2 weeks ago, i had no issues with, now, the battery is screwed.

weigh up the sony and the S4 against each other, android is the better choice, get which ever one of those 2 specs does it for you

#7 James

James

Former UKS Administrator

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

Work have now given me a Samsung S5 which seems ok so far!!!

#8 Paul Lugg

Paul Lugg
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Home DZ:DZ Whore
  • Jumps:70+

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

Excellent, s5 is a lot better than s4, hope you enjoy

#9 pandamonia

pandamonia
  • Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

You will soon realise how crap your iphone is.

#10 James

James

Former UKS Administrator

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

Noooo!!!

#11 pandamonia

pandamonia
  • Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

Just remember that the only people that like iphones are those that havent had a decent android phone - the only exception to the rule being the technically challenged.

#12 CReWdog

CReWdog
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Home DZ:Brid

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

James.

You mentioned dual sim - I've got an S4 mini dual sim (GT-i9192). Got it from http://www.mobicity.co.uk Dual sims on there start at £25.

Mine was a fair bit more last October than the £149 they're selling it for now :smack:

The battery lasts a couple of days (pretty good considering it's powering 2 separate transmitters). It does die in a day if you leave the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth on. Only slight downside is that it isn't actually 4G (HSPA+) but when I do use mobile data the 3 & a half G is fast enough.

Mick

#13 nigelh

nigelh
  • Members
  • 1,773 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Empuriabrava
  • Jumps:5500+

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I had a Sony M2 Dual Sim and have just changed to a Sony M4 Aqua Dual, great phone!!!

#14 pandamonia

pandamonia
  • Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

The oneplus 2 looks the way forward in dual sims - ill have to order one to play with it a bit.

#15 CReWdog

CReWdog
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Home DZ:Brid

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:08 AM

The oneplus 2 looks the way forward in dual sims - ill have to order one to play with it a bit.

Hmmm. Looks interesting. Only thing that puts me off is that you cannot (easily) change the battery. I bet it can be done but it'll probably cost a lot more than the £20 I'd spend to get a genuine Samsung battery for my phone.