9 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Lugg

Paul Lugg
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Home DZ:DZ Whore
  • Jumps:70+

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

So I'm sure somewhere this topic will have been covered but I can not find it.

I am after some kit insurance for while I'm in the uk and when I'm away skydiving as well, I hate leaving my kit unattended in my van and I'm not sure my vehicle insurance would cover my kit.
I have also heard of people talking about cutaway insurance as well and I'm wondering who does this?

So who do people recommend for kit insurance?
Thanks

#2 Jack Bradford

Jack Bradford

BPA Council 2016

• Administrators
  • 448 posts
  • Home DZ:Dunkeswell
  • Jumps:1700

Posted 25 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I got mine added to a house insurance policy (Direct Line IIRC) for a very reasonable price (can't recall the figure), covered abroad and in my car. If you have a house insurance policy perhaps check for add-on there? (Or perhaps with your car insurance)

#3 Paul Lugg

Paul Lugg
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Home DZ:DZ Whore
  • Jumps:70+

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

Unfortunately I only have landlords insurance, I will have to ring around some companies

#4 margo1918

margo1918
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Home DZ:Kingsfield
  • Jumps:655

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

Insignia insure all of my Kit anywhere in the world, the Rig is named in its component parts in case I lose the canopy on a cut away.  Covers my bikes, personal possessions, and house contents insurance, including military licence to occupy.  £180 Per Year.  I think its a steel and the customer service is superb.

#5 margo1918

margo1918
  • Members
  • 101 posts
  • Home DZ:Kingsfield
  • Jumps:655

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:09 PM

http://www.insigniaunderwriting.co.uk

#6 ErrHuman

ErrHuman
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

I just tried to get my rig added to my home insurance with PolicyExpert...and after taking their sweet time about getting back to me eventually decided that their underwriters just didn't want to touch it.  The underwriters for my particular policy were "Elite Insurance Company Limited" so presumably none of the other companies they do things for will do it either.

#7 Donna J

Donna J
  • Members
  • 603 posts
  • Home DZ:Usually found at Dunkeswell or Netheravon and Airkix Basingstoke, occasionally ventures north to Langar
  • Jumps:450+

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:03 PM

Do they cover Civilians as well as military personell?  And under what category did you select?  I can't seem to find a contents insurance or anything to cover skydive kit...

#8 ErrHuman

ErrHuman
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:03 AM

I ended up going through British Gas of all people. They're underwritten by AXA but for some reason if you go through AXA directly they give worse pricing.

My gear just goes under the umbrella of "Personal Possessions away from the home", with a single item limit of £10k.  One of the AXA versions of this policy only has a maximum item limit of £5k so you run into problems if your rig gets nicked or burned down or something.

#9 StKi1da

StKi1da
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Jumps:400

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

I had my rig as a specified item on my house policy. I rung up to check if it was covered out of the home, and the guy told me it wasn't insured at all as the policy wording specifically excluded "aircraft accessories including parachutes". Now seeking another insurer!

#10 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Care to share which company that was with, just in case I've missed that small print?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users