• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam G

Adam G
  • Members
  • 690 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

Ok so I managed to snap by stills camera lens on the weekend which was a Canon 700D so I need to replace it this week ready for jumping at the weekend.  I figure as I'm buying a new camera I may aswell look at the new mirrorless range from Sony but theres sooo many to choose from.  Does anyone have any honest feedback on which would be most suited to the what I need.  This is what I currently use the camera for:

• 4 Way Team Stills
  • Tandem Stills
  • A bit of ground stuff

I use a tounge switch but understand that the conceptus switches work with an adapter.  Also is the stock lens adequate or are others suggested?  I don't really want a super wide lens that is going to distort the image.  I used to use the Canon with stock lens zoomed right out and this seemed to match the Go Pro on video Medium pretty well.

Also if anyone has one for sale (a camera that is) do let me know!

Thanks in advance!

Adam

#2 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,156 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

Ouch, how?

Ok so I managed to snap by stills camera lens on the weekend which was a Canon 700D 

#3 Adam G

Adam G
  • Members
  • 690 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

To cut a long story short a downwind landing and not being able to run it off.  Just tripped and went arse over tit! The body of the camera is actually OK just broke the lens mount but I figure I may swell use the opportunity to upgrade! 

#4 nigelh

nigelh
  • Members
  • 1,772 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive Empuriabrava
  • Jumps:5500+

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

Juan 'Melon' Mayer uses an Sony Alpha α7rii and says its great, he'd know, he's pretty damn good at what he does, and was a hardcore Nikon man beforehand

A7 photo from his Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users