#1 TLipiec

TLipiec
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Home DZ:Peterlee
  • Jumps:500

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:08 AM

Lads and Ladettes,

Just a quick question, maybe someone knows: I'm looking to buy UPT Vector 308 (2nd hand). Seller sent me a pic of the label with tray & harness sizing. MLW is stated as 17 + 1, which seems a bit unusual. What does that mean? I.e. was it MLW 17 and then harness got resized to MLW 18 or what? 

Cheers for your help,
Tom

#2 Spooky

Spooky
  • Members
  • 248 posts
  • Home DZ:Redlands + White Horse Hill ;)

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

I think it is to do with where the Laterals fit in, a 308 is a reasonable small container, so it can only be so long. So on a tall person the laterals would be fairly high up the body making the leg loops really long, if they were attached directly be low the laterals.

So I think it means that the MLW is 17" (though I have no idea where the MLW stops at the top) and the +1 is a 1" extension below the laterals before the leg loops start?

I of course will be wrong :)

How tall are you?

Good luck, Jon

#3 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Hey dude, I'd email UPT with the serial number and theyll send you back the order form so you can see exactly the height/weight/length/breadth/etc of the person that it was sized for. Simples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users