Photo
- - - - -

Reduction in available Skydiving Insurance ?

Insurance Annual Skydive Poli

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Batesy2759

Batesy2759
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Home DZ:I'm a Nomad and jump world wide wherever the skies are blue...
  • Jumps:350+

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that its getting harder and harder to find decent European / world wide (WW) skydive travel insurance policies. I usually go with AIB but they no longer offer WW cover, only EUR which was over 350 pounds :cry:...

Ive found others "insure and go" & JS who offer WW insurance for sky diving with a premium of between 142 - 187 pounds, but both these exclude personal liability and personal accident when skydiving from their policies, which seems pretty pointless.  Sky Cover are doing WW for 245 pounds but the travel insurance, loss of baggage / trip cancellation etc is shocking.

Any advice greatly appreciated, as I'm running out of ideas.

Chris

:thumbs:

Edited by Batesy2759, 01 September 2017 - 09:38 AM.

#2 Scotty

Scotty

Ally Milne's Dad

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Home DZ:World Wide
  • Jumps:10000

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

We use www.ihi.com for our groups which is BUPA and provides comprehensive cover, I use the world wide multi trip option and find it good quality cover at a reasonable price.  Some have said that it can be difficult to confirm that skydiving is included but we have had it checked out in considerable detail to confirm it does.

I'm delighted to say we have never had to make a claim to confirm how well that works and hope to continue in that manner.

#3 Batesy2759

Batesy2759
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Home DZ:I'm a Nomad and jump world wide wherever the skies are blue...
  • Jumps:350+

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:46 PM

Thanks Scotty. I did look at them as you recommended them to me before, but like you said I couldn't find anywhere that it said skydiving was included. Ill have another look.

;)

Regards C

#4 PilotRMK

PilotRMK
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Home DZ:Empuriabrava
  • Jumps:650

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

I'd say IHI and DogTag are the best picks.   The "Extreme+" level of DogTag covers skydiving.  Coverage noted here:  https://www.dogtag.co.uk/sports/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users