Photo
- - - - -

Does tr1 count towards an extra rating for c licence?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies85

blueskies85
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys,

BPA tracking manual wasn’t clear on this. I have all the relevant stickers a b licence has and now with the new tracking rules I’m super stoked.
I don’t care for docking or fs1 to be honest I find it boring. Tracking on the other hand has re ignited my passion to fill my book up with stickers! Thank you BPA. I have been angle tracking for a long time now the BPA have recognised it as a thing I’m super amped to get tr3 this year.

Anyway. Once I obtain tr1 and get up to 200 jumps does that mean I qualify for c licence and I can then start jumping with a camera?

Cheers

Chris

#2 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

Yes mate, straight from the Ops Manual... 

BPA PARACHUTIST LICENCE

2.1. BPA ‘A’ LICENCE: Category 8 and at least ‘CH-Grade 1’.

2.2. BPA ‘B’ LICENCE: BPA ‘A’ Licence, 50 descents and at least ‘CHGrade 2 and JM-Grade 1’.

2.3. BPA ‘C’ LICENCE: BPA ‘B’ Licence, 200 descents and at least one further ‘Grade 1’.

2.4. BPA ‘D’ LICENCE: BPA ‘C’ Licence, and 1000 descents.

I believe FS1, FF1, TR1, IS1 all count for your C but stuff like WS1, SS1 and CP1 require at least a C licence to get started. 

http://www.bpa.org.u...vember-2017.pdf

(just google BPA Ops Manual, find the pdf and Ctrl-F to search for terms)

Hope that helps!

#3 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

Chris - Are you thinking of getting your TR1 before you get FS1?

FS1 is the easiest sticker to get, it sets you up with a decent understanding of freefall disciplines and it gets you jumping with your mates sooner. You'll feel the benefits on your TR jumps if you have the FS1 skills...

For what it's worth... FS1... "formation skydiving" is a name that doesn't mean much in 21st century skydiving, think of it more like GS1... "Group Safety" or similar. Gets you flying in a group safely, in the easiest orientation, and then you can move onto the trickier stuff like TR1 and FF1.

Good luck with your flying!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users