#1 Burim88

Burim88
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • Home DZ:Chatteris
  • Jumps:750

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:18 PM

Hey guys/girls

I'm currently jumping a Storm 150 (1.7 wingloading). I've done around 30 jumps on it and noticed the glide is absolutely awful. I mainly use it for wingsuiting/tracking.

I was on a tracking jump with a buddy of mine who jumps a crossfire and is loading it around 1.9ish . He was below me and further away from lz yet he made it and I landed off (i landed next to our landing area but still couldn't make it).

I was looking at maybe getting the lower brakes extended (as I bought the canopy already relined). Or is this absolutely normal for a storm to have such a bad glide? Or have I been spoiled with previous 9 cell canopies? Or should I perhaps go on more canopy courses?

The canopy has around 430 jumps with no patches and has been freshly relined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (especially from people who fly storms around my wingloading)

Thx in advanced

#2 Scotty

Scotty

Ally Milne's Dad

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Home DZ:World Wide
  • Jumps:10000

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

I jump a Storm 135 and find it’s the best canopy I’ve ever jumped, made about 2,000 jumps on it after 3,000 on Sabre 2 and 6,500 on Stiletto. Never had a problem with glide ratio with mine or observing others. Possibly need to get a rigger check it out.

Good luck.

#3 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,156 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:21 AM

Burim - What inputs were you making to the canopy? What inputs was your friend making? Were you upwind or downwind? Too many questions

But I hear great things about the Storm. I nearly bought one a couple of months ago.

This has some useful and interesting info: http://www.performan...s.com/compare4/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users