7 replies to this topic

#1 Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Home DZ:Black Knights
  • Jumps:100+

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

So I'm considering returning to jumping after a lay off of about 6 years.

Whilst I mull this decision I thought I'd dust off the old UKS account and log in to see what's going on but it looks like everybody has gone!

Maybe my memory is a bit hazy but I swear the forums used to be busier. Have people gone to a different site or something? Or is this indicative of the UK scene at the moment? 

These are genuine questions, like I said - I've been out the loop for awhile.

Cheers

#2 Colin

Colin

UKS Verified Instructor

• Members
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

There are some facebook pages that started well but most have descended into politics of one form or another. It's rare to find any new posts here.

#3 Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

Got rid of Facebook years ago. At least dropzone.com is still about and active.

Was nice having a UK Forum though, shame.

#4 frontfloater

frontfloater
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Home DZ:Cockerham
  • Jumps:1250

Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

The forum is hard to find now - the Google link often goes to some strange error message page.

#5 Alex B

Alex B
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Home DZ:HINTON / SEVILLE
  • Jumps:Some

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

I often check, but nothing much is going on. Real shame - I used to enjoy reading, someone needs to start a campaign to get this going again?

#6 Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Man, when I was doing AFF and getting obsessed about skydiving back in 2009 I used to spend so much time on here reading stuff and just lurking in general. It was so active, or at least I remember it being.

That's why it was a shock when I logged back in the other month after all these years and found a ghost town. Some of the sub-forums haven't been touched in years! What I can gather is it was sold a while back and activity has slowly petered out since.

But yeah, if you try go through Google on a search term then you often get an error landing page, which can't help but put off potential visitors stumbling upon it.

#7 Alex B

Alex B
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Home DZ:HINTON / SEVILLE
  • Jumps:Some

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:55 AM

Good point.

Admins - can you fix the google URL fault? Shouldn't take long using the Google webmaster tool I would of thought?

#8 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,161 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:16 AM

I often check, but nothing much is going on. Real shame - I used to enjoy reading, someone needs to start a campaign to get this going again?

Hey mate, thanks for your love but no need to start a campaign. Just post something or start a thread. :-)

Jack and I bought UKS from the previous owners as we love UKS as an information source but it's only as good as it's contributors. :-/

I'd like to try and start a thread once a week to seed it again but that seems a little forced. Organic growth and love is what is required.

If you have a question, please ask it. If you have a topic, please post it. If you have an idea, create a thread. etc :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users