2 replies to this topic

#1 Smitty

Smitty
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Home DZ:Black Knights
  • Jumps:100+

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

I'm planning on getting back into jumping next spring and therefore I need to sort out my old rig.

My Vigil 2 needs to go back to Belgium for its batteries changing and my reserve is going to get retired as it will be 27 years old next year.

Question is - am I OK to pop the reserve and remove the reserve and the AAD myself? Don't need to get a rigger to do that do I?

Obviously a rigger will be putting everything back together early next year, but I'm OK to just crack on with these minor things aren't I?

Cheers

#2 degeneration

degeneration
  • Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • Home DZ:Swansea

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:39 PM

I'm planning on getting back into jumping next spring and therefore I need to sort out my old rig.

My Vigil 2 needs to go back to Belgium for its batteries changing and my reserve is going to get retired as it will be 27 years old next year.

Question is - am I OK to pop the reserve and remove the reserve and the AAD myself? Don't need to get a rigger to do that do I?

Obviously a rigger will be putting everything back together early next year, but I'm OK to just crack on with these minor things aren't I?

Cheers

If you know how to take it apart without breaking/damaging anything, then I think crack on. It's not going to be jumped, so nothing you'll be doing will go into a live system, so I wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem. 

#3 BlueSkyBri

BlueSkyBri
  • Administrators
  • 2,153 posts
  • Home DZ:Bit of a nomad. Freelance AFFI and FS Load Organiser, based primarily at Langar.
  • Jumps:>2k

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:05 AM

Crack on with it mate. I think it's great that you're looking to take apart your kit. You should learn loads from doing it. I'd also recommend pulling handles as if you're having a malfunction. 

Re-assembly... you'll need a grown up skydiver to help you with that. :-)

Let us know how you get on with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users