21 replies to this topic

#1 sherbet_fountain_chick

sherbet_fountain_chick
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:450+

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

Just wondering if there's anything going on 7th-8th April. Me & t'other half are considering visiting my family in Lowestoft for a few days over easter & it'd be much more bearable if we could sneak off to Old Buck for a few cheeky jumps!!

Is anyone gonna be around??

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hi there

at the moment most old buck peeps are quiet on here. I will tell you what I know so far. The Nomad should be in from 22nd March. The Cherokee broke on Sunday after lift 2 and has gone to be fixed this week.

I am sure there won't be a problem with you jumping that weekend, so the best thing to do is call the drop zone. Anyone who takes the call will be only too happy to help you with your enquiries on 01953 861030. I might be back from Spain by then, so maybe see you there?

Oh yeah, here is a link to the UK Parachuting website, where you can find more info. I hope you get a result, and I'd be happy to hear what sort of response you get!

Take care
Damian

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:19 PM

http://www.ukparachu...uk/contact.html

:D :D

#4 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hey boys and girls...am off to the peaks climbing that weekend but joy of joys have the following week booked off work so will be taking up permanent residence as of Monday 9th, are you about til then?...Can you bring the sunshine over with you please and not too much wind!! X 8)

#5 sherbet_fountain_chick

sherbet_fountain_chick
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:450+

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for all the info. Damian...I'm gutted though, not gonna be able to make it after all :cry:

My sis's fiance has left her so I'm now planning to spend that weekend at hers in Basingstoke getting her very drunk to take her mind off things! Luckily there's a gliding club nearby so I'm gonna swing by & see what gliding's like, so at least I wont have to stay on the ground (phew!)

joy of joys have the following week booked off work so will be taking up permanent residence as of Monday 9th, are you about til then?

Booo, gutted...I start a new placement on the 10th so no can do :-( have fun though

8)

#6 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:27 AM

At some point when the weather is good during the easter break (25th March - 25th April) I'm intending to also take up residence for about a week, get some progress going on RAPS, going to get off dummy pulls even if it kills me (maybe not that extreme). Maybe see you around up there, although I will be getting out lower! :roll:

Ben.

#7 Pam

Pam
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:19 PM

For those of you that stay up there, where do you stay? I'm just wondering cos I'm planning on going there for a week to do my AFF in the summer and have the small issue of accomodation to arrange. But if it comes to it I do have a tent and sleeping bag so I'll be just fine! 8)

#8 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

Not sure if they have a camping area, never seen a tent pitched but I've been there mostly midweek (only since October as well, so not great camping weather), so that could be why... Alternatively there is a list of local B&B's on their BPA page here

Also for the other people here, my sources indicate that the Cherokee came back today... Think I heard something about the 22nd for the Nomad?

Ben.

#9 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:13 PM

Accomodation on DZ

Bunkhouse now available in local village for 10 per night.
Limited camping, but its free.
Caravans Welcome.

Should have read the page I posted a bit more closely...

Ben.

#10 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

Hi Guys...Tommo reckons the Nomad will be back on the weekend of 31st March....see you there! X 8) (S F Chick boo for you....sorry we won't see you...and your sister....sending her a hug XX)

#11 Pam

Pam
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

Accomodation on DZ

Bunkhouse now available in local village for 10 per night.
Limited camping, but its free.
Caravans Welcome.

Thanx Ben. I have a feeling they sold the bunkhouse, I could be wrong tho...

#12 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

Could be right, I've never heard it mentioned...

Ben.

#13 Wicksy

Wicksy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

Hi All...

Just a little note to let you all know that the first of the many
parties to come this year is on Easter Weekend - and we will party
Wickham styleeee!

This party will be none other than a Curry & Karaoke night - Better
known to those in the know as...Curryokee (I am a genius!)

It will be a great weekend to show off your skydiving skills by day,
and to put on your Tom Jones pants (ladies - lulu frocks)by night!

This grand event will take place at the DZ (In the diner)so let me know
if you will be attending...

See you soon

Steve

#14 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

Hey Mr Wickham!!...Have persuaded Ian to change our climbing dates so that we can come to the party :D ...as long as I don't really have to show off any skydiving skills - I don't have any yet! (unless falling out of the plane like an up turned beetle counts?)...and Ian looks far better in a dress than I do....Let me know if you need a hand with anything? X

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hi Mr Wickham ;-)

I'll try and make it this weekend, will let you know for sure on Friday.

Keep smiling Geezer 8)

Damo

#16 Wicksy

Wicksy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

Hello all...

Being super organised, i am trying to find out final numbers for the Curryoke bash to ensure you are all fed and watered well!

Please let me know if you are coming, and if you are eating ASAP...
The guys at the diner are stocking up on popadoms, beer and whiskey as we speak so please let me know!

Fun will be had by all, I will be making a "speacial guest appearence", and Tomo & Grant have promised a Cheeky Girls duet - NOT TO BE MISSED!

Steve

#17 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:26 AM

Yes please party, whisky and popadoms....Mog, Ian, Nina, Graham, Tonya.....

Are you going to be Kylie?? You can borrow Aarons hot pants.....? :D :D X ta

#18 Ed L

Ed L
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

Anyone know if the DZ's open this week?

I'm home from uni for a bit, and having just finished RAPS in Spain I'm well up for some jumping as soon as my shiny new A-license comes back from the BPA.

-Ed

#19 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 11:15 PM

Rang them today, said there is stuff going on Easter Monday and Thursday... Calling again tomorrow to get an update as I've had enough of RAPS and am doing AFF sometime this week hopefully!

Ben.

#20 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

...Hola..Theres def stuff booked in for Thursday apparently...fingers crossed for the weather and I may see you there... 8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users