4-way Scrambles 26-28 May 07

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

So, it's that time again, UKPS are holding their 2007 scrambles at Old Buck between the 26-28 May (that's Bank Holiday weekend). I'll be there, aiming to win outright this year, instead of last year when we only managed to tie for first with Baz's team (Which team got the tops tho Baz? Justice was done!! :D )

Oh, and I'll bet Stuart will be gunning for revenge after his 2006 outing, where his team was re-named from 'Gan Fast' to 'Gan Last' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to all, and bring it on - the more the merrier :P

Blue skies
Damo

#2 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

Ooh. We like scrambles.

Will try and round up some fools to visit Old Buck for a pre-second visit 8)

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

Will try and round up some fools to visit Old Buck for a pre-second visit 8)

I'll be there tomorrow and Thursday, so might see you if you can make it either of those days? After that I'm off to Spain, and back in time for the Scrambles 8) Have fun!!! :twisted:

Damo

#4 Wicksy

Wicksy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hello all...

Its the good looking half of the events team here to let you know about some up and coming jollies we are having at Old Buck.

As Damo has pointed out, the scrambles are being held on Saturday 26th May - and yes we all sincerely hope "Gan Last" becomes "Gan Fast" again (or do we?!) The cost of the scrambles is to be confirmed by Tomo & Grant, so watch this space.

We had a hilarious night at the "Curryoke", lots of laughing, singing, drinking and red cheeks were had by all...Perhaps the spice girls reunion was possibly the highlightof the evening?!
A reason to come up, if for nothing else, is to look at the pictures! (and if you weren't there why not?!)

Following this success the boys at the top have let us loose on another event...

On Sunday 27th May the Gamekeeper is letting us house a Quiz Night, with myself and Gav (One Eye!) as your Quiz Masters.
Teams must have a minimum of 2 people, and a maximum of 6, and those with an extra special name will be rewarded!
Entry fee is 2.00 per person (to be paid on the night) with cash prizes, and booby prizes up for grabs!

Email me to enter your team - mailto:stevenbwickham@yahoo.co.uk

Watch this space for up and coming news on the Summer Ball, BBQ's, and any other reason we can basically think of for a little drinking session!

See you soon

Steve

#5 Wicksy

Wicksy
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:43 PM

The cost of the scrambles has been confirmed...

25.00 per person, which includes camera slot.

The competition will be over 4 rounds, so lets make a bank holiday weekend of it.

May the best skydivers win!!!

Steve

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

May the best skydivers win!!!

Steve

That'll be me then! :oops:

Dx

#7 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:13 PM

The whole scrambles idea sounds like good fun, I am currently on consols (six left) and am already getting slightly bored of jumping alone. I should get the rest of my consols done this weekend and was wondering if entering the scrambles at my current experience level would be a wise decision or not?

Ben.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:11 AM

The whole scrambles idea sounds like good fun, I am currently on consols (six left) and am already getting slightly bored of jumping alone. I should get the rest of my consols done this weekend and was wondering if entering the scrambles at my current experience level would be a wise decision or not?

Ben.

You're correct, the Scrambles is amazing fun mate! The only entry requirement is that you hold a current FAI 'A' Certificate, which means in your case, that you must have completed your consols by the date of the Scrambles (26th May).

I'm here at the DZ now, and the weather is perfect :D so I hope it holds out over the weekend, as predicted, and I wish you good luck for completing your consols.

All the best
Damo

#9 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

^^^ What he said.

If it's any incentive, the A license guy on our team at the Hinton scrambles was awarded his FS1 on the basis of video from the competition, and he wasn't the only one. And he wasn't the only one on our team who got better ;)

Come scramble!

Question for the organisers: will there be a speed star round? I'm definitely coming anyway, but I do love speed star 8)

#10 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

Question for the organisers: will there be a speed star round? I'm definitely coming anyway, but I do love speed star 8)

There's a 10 way speed comp at Langar on the second bank holiday weekend (26th - 28th) with.........are you ready for it........................
a SKYVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt026 :smt038 :smt023
Go on - you know you want to!!!!!!! :smt042 :smt045 :rock:

#11 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

Of course I want to. But I've just said I'm going to this scrambles now, and.. well, as Hemingway put it, always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

(That, and despite the fact that speed star is my favourite thing in the world, scrambles meets are both extremely good karma and almost as much fun.)

#12 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:49 AM

Righto... it's this weekend and my Scrambles addiction has really taken hold.

I reckon I have a couple of other UKS takers too - it's always nice to visit a new DZ (my little collection of gear check tags has been weeded back down to two since the repack, and that's just not cool).

The weather looks terrible though, at least until Monday morning.

*does sun dance*

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:15 PM

Righto... it's this weekend and my Scrambles addiction has really taken hold.

I reckon I have a couple of other UKS takers too - it's always nice to visit a new DZ (my little collection of gear check tags has been weeded back down to two since the repack, and that's just not cool).

The weather looks terrible though, at least until Monday morning.

*does sun dance*

If you play the Sun Dance Kid, I'll do Butch Cassidy :D

Weather doesn't look that bad, slight cloudiness throughout, perhaps and a touch of rain forecast at mo, but Sat looks best to me??

http://ukie.accuweat...tfox&traveler=0

I'm arriving Friday, as registration is 0830hrs Sat morning.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Bravo Sierra
D

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

I'm arriving Friday, as registration is 0830hrs Sat morning.

Bravo Sierra
D

My mistake, it's 8am!!! :roll: Please see events thread for details of this and other upcoming events at UKPS.

Laters, D :twisted:

#15 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

Butch, I think I'm doing it wrong. The forecast has gotten worse since I looked this morning.

Will have another look on Friday night I guess *sigh*

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

That's funny?! My forecaster's prediction has improved! Partly sunny and cooler on Sat.... according to my accuweather forecast!

Come on Sun Dance!!!! Get those feet moving :D

#17 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

What happens if the conditions aren't suitable for Saturday? Pushed back to Sunday? I actually can't make it on Saturday so I'm very dissapointed (got an exam, Saturday afternoon @ 2), was really looking forward to it.

Ben.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

Exactly the above, pushed to Sunday, or even Monday. However, weather still looks best for tomorrow... Sorry you can't make it Ben - good luck with your exam Dude 8)

#19 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:23 AM

Good luck with exam Ben!!! X 8)

#20 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Weather aside, I am slightly gutted that something has come up and I can't make it.

On the other hand, there is an upside.

A mate has decided to come back to jumping after a long absence, and we're going somewhere low-key and do some very gentle skydives together. We qualified around the same time and I'd been worrying that he was gone for good, so this makes me very, very happy.

Have a wicked Scrambles guys... hopefully see some of you at the Weston equivalent (I think that's the next one) if you get the bug as badly as I have ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users