public transport to old buck?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bighonestjohn

bighonestjohn
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:19 AM

I'm considering coming to old buck this weekend as i have now become a temporary resident in Ipswich.

Just wondering how i could get there using public transport. Whats the closest train station to it?

#2 skymynci

skymynci
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hey BigJ....Attleborough's your best bet, its only a few miles down the road...maybe give the DZ a call and maybe someone will come and pick you up for a small beer fee? Worth a shot? I'd pick you up on the way through but am off climbing for the weekend...have a good one, hope the weather improves! Give them a ring first.... :D

#3 bighonestjohn

bighonestjohn
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:39 AM

thanks for the info, i'll give them a ring to check too. Enjoy your climbing!

#4 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:05 PM

From what I can gather (from here) you can get the train from Ipswich to Diss, which is about 10miles from the DZ. Not sure about busses that go from the train station, I wouldn't imagine they are very frequent (if at all), especially at the weekend.

When were you intending to head up?

Ben.

#5 bighonestjohn

bighonestjohn
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

It seems like Diss is the better option than attleborough because it means going up to norwich and back down again which can take over 2 hours for the journey. It's only 25 mins to Diss. Then its a case of getting to the dz... I'm trying to find some bus information but no luck yet..

I thinking about going up this weekend if the weather is ok (maybe a bit windy).

#6 bighonestjohn

bighonestjohn
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

I just found that the bus service from Diss to Attleborough has been stopped due to insufficient use. There is a partial service but couldnt find details of it.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

I'm arriving Old Buck on Friday mate, and I'll gladly pick you up from Attleboro, or Diss (if you really can't make it to A?) Buy me a pint and we're sweet, let me know by pm please.

Cheers
Damo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users