• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ed L

Ed L
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hi all,

I'm a student down in Bath at the moment but I am soon to be given my degree and kicked out the door. At which point I will be heading back to Norfolk. I've been jumping at Netheravon, but will obviously be moving DZs when I move back home.

I'm 4 jumps into WARP coaching and if I don't finish and get FS1 before the end of term I'll be wanting to continue and get FS coaching at Old Buck. The question (finally):

What is WARP provision like at Old Buckenham? ie. are there usually coaches available, etc? and...

How much does coaching cost? (also how much is a normal jump ticket? I've failed to find this information on the web)

Thanks

-Ed

#2 Woof

Woof
  • Verified Instructors
  • 670 posts
  • Home DZ:Tilstock
  • Jumps:600

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:18 AM

Don't worry Ed - just concentrate and finish at Nethers/the 'well.

Was that helpful?

#3 Ed L

Ed L
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

no

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

Hi there!

Basically, you need to pay a yearly membership fee to the Club, then jump tickets are 20 each for MAX altitude.

I can provide any FS coaching you require, for the princely sum of a jump ticket! Essentially meaning, you pay both our slots, that's it!

I hope this helps?

All the best
Damo

#5 Ed L

Ed L
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:12 PM

Exactly the info I wanted thanks.

I assume max alt is around 12k?

How much is the membership fee?

Also, what is there in terms of kit hire? I currently have 39 jumps (A-cert) and am jumping a 190 that I hire from our uni club?

Sorry for the barage of questions (really not sure how to spell that)

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

Exactly the info I wanted thanks.

I assume max alt is around 12k?

How much is the membership fee?

Also, what is there in terms of kit hire? I currently have 39 jumps (A-cert) and am jumping a 190 that I hire from our uni club?

Sorry for the barage of questions (really not sure how to spell that)

Sorry to be a dim-wit, but I can answer only some of the above q's..

Max is around 12k
Membership is 15 (I think, but then I don't even know the price of a loaf!) - please help out here Wicksy & Co...
There's kit to hire, I think we have a 190, 188, 176 and all the rest is 200+ (I am prepared to stand corrected on these last two points!)

Bravo Sierra
Damo :twisted:

#7 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Club membership is 15, I did my level 8 on Sunday so I joined up after that.

Ben.

ps. Who are you Damo, you up at Old Buck much? Trying to put a face to the name.

#8 Ed L

Ed L
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

I really should have thought up all the questions I wanted to ask before posting the first post.

Are there any restrictions on who can hire what kit experience wise? (at nethers they won't hire anything other than a skymaster 230 to anyone unless they have B licence, which is annoying)

damo and lennie, thanks for the answers and lennie (edit: or Ben even, as your name appears to be) congrats on the Level 8. I'll run out of questions eventually, promise :D

#9 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

No specific restrictions as far as I know, just under approval of the CCI. There was someone with an A licence and just under 40 jumps jumping a 210 at the weekend who has bought a 170 for his first rig, they are helping him progress to being able to use it by watching him and downsizing him through club kit.

Ben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users