#1 DEEPmike

DEEPmike
  • Members
  • 173 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:4100+

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

*Weekend of the 9th Febuary 2008*

What awesome sunny, nil cloud weather we've had this weekend, well as you might have guessed our 206 was up and running all weekend with a variety of jumps. :smt051

With our senior instructors we're taking plenty of first time tandem skydivers up and about along with Lee our AFF student who began his training this weekend :smt026

No need to say Ollie and Del are hard at work getting those jump numbers up, Baz had an interesting and somewhat refreshing weekend starting his JM1 training and jumping out of an airplane with only his rig, helmet, alti and boxer shorts on :) :smt041

Micky and Dori are focusing on their CH2 routines and as Dori likes to say, her canopy is now a multigym for doing pull ups on. :smt102

AND FINALLY.. Big Congrats goes out to our CCI Ray Armstrong completeing his 4000th jump with a 5 way track dive with Del, Baz,Ally and the Cannonball Ryan :) Well done mate :beer: :smt041

#2 Chris Smith

Chris Smith
  • Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

wooohooo dude!!! nice one Ray! (last seen by myself at 8.30 AM! still drinking in the bar at the AGM!)

#3 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

Well done Ray!!! :thumbs: :slap: 8) :smt040

#4 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts
  • Jumps:2000

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

NICE ONE MATE :thumbs: :thumbs:

#5 weener

weener
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

Baz had an interesting and somewhat refreshing weekend starting his JM1 training and jumping out of an airplane with only his rig, helmet, alti and boxer shorts on :) :smt041

If you're going to talk about other people, get your facts straight! I got my JM1 back in October - why do you think I was the jumpmaster on the first lift of the weekend? Knob :smt075

PS I was also wearing trainers and gloves in case it got cold :whistle:

#6 DEEPmike

DEEPmike
  • Members
  • 173 posts
  • Home DZ:Hibaldstow
  • Jumps:4100+

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:13 PM

Sorry dude, I was on the early bird lift with you on saturday morning and I thought you where JM for it, apologies if I miss understood/misinterpreted or miswrote what you where doing.

I don't think im going to do this kind of stuff anymore..... I just started doing posts like this to try and stoke a bit of club sprite and banter, I love skydiving and all my friends in the sport (weather or not they really like me), but it upsets me when the people that make the sport so much more for me carn't get along, are two faced, just end up havin a go or fall out because of forum postings or DZ politics, makes me sad

I'm in a bit of a bad place at the mo, i'll stop now... carn't handle this stuff right now with everything...hurts too much

#7 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Baz had an interesting and somewhat refreshing weekend starting his JM1 training and jumping out of an airplane with only his rig, helmet, alti and boxer shorts on :) :smt041

If you're going to talk about other people, get your facts straight! I got my JM1 back in October - why do you think I was the jumpmaster on the first lift of the weekend? Knob :smt075

Nice attitude! :smt014 Mike was only trying to be friendly by the looks of things. :smt018

#8 sexysarah

sexysarah
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:20 PM

I'm in a bit of a bad place at the mo, i'll stop now... carn't handle this stuff right now with everything...hurts too much

Stop being a pussy and pull yourself together! Before I bitchslap you! :whistle: :P

#9 amanda

amanda
  • Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:41 PM

Don't fret Mike, I know where you're coming from with the politics :shock: :whistle: It's always been a little like that. Don't worry re Weener- that was a term of endearment from him (Hi Weener, lol) with just a little message that it's dangerous to write stuff like him going up to the top (it wasn't the top) with not only half his clothes missing but half his kit!!!

We know what you meant but he was fully kitted up and very much post JM1 which some people may not have read into that post. :)

Smile :doh:

#10 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

Never mind Mike we all know you try to do this to help the club :doh: . It's nice to see you helping. Just some people tend to get a little upset (pissed off) when they feel that things are miss represented or plane wrong when it pertains to them. Please keep up the good work with the updates just be careful that what you write is factually correct and not likely to get people into trouble with the powers that be. Remember everyone can read this forum if you get my drift :whistle:

#11 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Baz had an interesting and somewhat refreshing weekend starting his JM1 training and jumping out of an airplane with only his rig, helmet, alti and boxer shorts on

What's wrong with that statement apart from the misinformation about Baz starting his JM training?? :?
From most dz's I've been at there's nothing wrong with jumping wearing only a rig, helmet, alti and boxers - if that's what you want to do and are suitably experienced to be safe. :smt017

#12 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

I think the fact that weener got his JM1 back in October was the point.

#13 AlliA

AlliA
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:30 PM

Cheer Up Mikey

Try not to take people so seriously, we're a fun lot really. Sometimes like lots of activities it's about getting to grips with the terminology and I should know, having been around a few :whistle: and I still can't keep up with it :smt017 . As for politics unfortunately it's often there somewhere in the background, heck look at the BPA Matters forum : :smt075 : , (sometimes it's best to not even go there! ;). )

And as Baz''s jumpmaster on that jump (A very rare occurrence on my behalf as you know) I think his greatest concern was that I spot him an off landing, but Dori and I took great care of him on the way up! :)

Look on the bright side it could be worse, you could have had a 30 hr trip to Vietnam with no alcohol :doh:

#14 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

I appreciate what you're saying but saying that he was starting his JM1 training by doing a boxers jump isn't going to get him into trouble with the "powers that be".
I appreciate that getting info wrong can be irritating, but it wasn't done with malice or ill feeling, just an honest mistake that seems to have been reacted to in an over top way by Weener that has upset Mike a lot.
Just my 2p from an objective observer.

#15 amanda

amanda
  • Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

Baz had an interesting and somewhat refreshing weekend starting his JM1 training and jumping out of an airplane with only his rig, helmet, alti and boxer shorts on

What's wrong with that statement apart from the misinformation about Baz starting his JM training?? :?
From most dz's I've been at there's nothing wrong with jumping wearing only a rig, helmet, alti and boxers - if that's what you want to do and are suitably experienced to be safe. :smt017

Hi Fiona, I think you will find that basically we are supporting both Mikey (who will be careful what he writes) and Weener (who would rather not be written about, especially inaccurately).
I, for one, cannot be bothered to get into a debate with you on the Brid forum over this. Maybe you would like to create another thread NOT entitled 'Congrats Ray Armstrong' to carry on any arguments you may wish to provoke :)

Congrats Ray, Well done Weener, hope to see you on again Mikey!

Amanda

Ps- No trouble? Surely pre Jm1 would be pre B license? <50 jumps, jumping with a full face helmet? If not, no goggles, no shoes- A license....... And then a TRACKING DIVE to finish off???? hmmmm. I think Weener was right to be concerned, I alsothink that Mike was very well meaning.

#16 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

I think we both agree that it was just a simple mistake. Both weener and deepmike are now upset lets just hope they can have a beer and a nice chat at the weekend and maybe they can both be happy again. :smt040 One of the problems with forums you can not see people and hear inflection in there voice so things soon get miss understood or taken out of context. I only hope they both cheer up :D :D

#17 Fi

Fi
  • Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

Amanda - I was supporting Mike too - and I have only met him once, but have had people have a go at me unfairly and it can be upsetting and wanted to reassure him. Please note that I'm not trying to start a fight, I've known Ray for many more years than you and congratulated him much further up the thread, and I didn't ask for your opinion.
Excuse me for posting on the Brid thread!!!!! :smt075 Remind me to say something similar to you if you post on the Langar thread! :smt064
Perhaps you should listen to the advice given to you by Highflier and chill out a bit!!! :whistle:

#18 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

What did I miss :smt017

#19 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:58 PM

I don't understand. :smt017 I think it's great you wanting to post here. you have not started any fight it's just a forum with peoples opinions. :whistle:

#20 amanda

amanda
  • Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Perhaps you should listen to the advice given to you by Highflier and chill out a bit!!! :whistle:

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Come back Mikey and reclaim your thread!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users