Porter Info....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

Does anyone have a difiniative answer on whether the Big Red Porter is flying at Brid currently, in the future, ever??????

#2 Chris Smith

Chris Smith
  • Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

does anyone know where it is???????? :doh:

#3 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:58 PM

It's sound cryptic and with the to-ings and fro-ings up there over the years it could be anywhere; but just wondering whether its worth renewing BPA to jump out of a 206! :?

So again... any news???

#4 Titan

Titan
  • Members
  • 102 posts
  • Home DZ:Strathallan
  • Jumps:~300

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:55 PM

Surely skydiving is about the freefall, the canopy ride, the fun and games and the banter etc. Not about how fast the plane is? 206's rock - better than a 182!

#5 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

It's not the speed of the plane I'm interested in - just extra 5K of freefall! :thumbs:

#6 Alan Wilkinson

Alan Wilkinson

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 120 posts
  • Home DZ:St Andrews

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

If you look on www.pc-6.com it's for sale

Alan

#7 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts
  • Jumps:2000

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

I would not read too much into that. It has been for sale there since the last owner put it up for sale on there. Brid will have a porter flying soon. :D

#8 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

So if it's returning soon - does anyone have a definitive answer as to why its gone in the first place??? :(

#9 Chris Smith

Chris Smith
  • Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

C.A.A./B.P.A/Pilatus paper work. so the grapevine say's

#10 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

That's what i heard - you'd have thought paperwork would have been sorted.... :O

#11 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

When dealing with the uk caa, nz caa, uk bpa, a nz engineer and a swiss plane manufacturer things don't always go as planned. :thumbs:

#12 Bananaman

Bananaman
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I would not read too much into that. It has been for sale there since the last owner put it up for sale on there. Brid will have a porter flying soon. :D

So in answer to first and initial question, do we know when the the Big Red One is back??

#13 CReWdog

CReWdog
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Home DZ:Brid

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone have a difiniative answer on whether the Big Red Porter is flying at Brid currently, in the future, ever??????

Hi

Probable never as it would cost too much money & be a lot of hassle to convert ZK-PCI to the correct configuration for parachuting in the EU (either by spending at least 60k to convert the airframe plus the cost of recertifying it with the CAA for parachute dropping, or fit a less powerful engine that conforms to the current airframe configuration - at least 100K.)
If they are going to get a porter my money says it will be another one. As for jumping out of a 206 for now, fine. I did my first jump from G-ASVN nearly 20 years ago so the old girl & me go back a long way.
CReWdog

#14 simswoop

simswoop

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

The honest answer is they don't have a date yet for the porter to start flying. But the best guestimate is about six weeks :thumbs: . (But this is not set in stone) :( I will try to update you when there is more information. :)

#15 CReWdog

CReWdog
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Home DZ:Brid

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

The honest answer is they don't have a date yet for the porter to start flying. But the best guestimate is about six weeks :doh: . (But this is not set in stone) :( I will try to update you when there is more information. :)

Hi

Which porter? ZK-PCI or a different one.

CReWdog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users