Jumping this Friday 4th July

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 p1mdg

p1mdg
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

Myself and Emma will be at Hinton all day on Friday. Who fancies coming on down? I know of at least 4 other fun jumpers there on fri, so we should be able to keep the pac going all day. Who's up for it?

#2 buzz

buzz

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 4,171 posts
  • Home DZ:Tilstock
  • Jumps:3000+

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Myself and Emma will be at Hinton all day on Friday. Who fancies coming on down? I know of at least 4 other fun jumpers there on fri, so we should be able to keep the pac going all day. Who's up for it?

Is Hinton open this weekend?

GP

Silverstone

????

#3 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

Nope, not open Saturday/Sunday...

Ben.

#4 apb1

apb1
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:11 PM

hi mate. there's 3 of us as well so will check the forecast tomorrow as it's a toss up between hinton, hib and langar at the mo!
maybe see you friday! what time do things start at hinton?

#5 p1mdg

p1mdg
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:59 AM

On a weekday they open at 9am I think, if they have tandems booked in or enough fun jumpers they usually get things moving about 9.30 with wheels off at 10am if its looking to be a busy day. I was there on a Friday 2 weeks ago and did 5 jumps, could of been easily 6 if I wanted to get on the last load...

If there are enough fun jumpers and the weather is good then the pac will be flying all day. I think they only need 6 or 7 fun jumpers to get the plane up.

#6 apb1

apb1
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:38 AM

great stuff. looks like we'll be coming down there then to see what it's like.

i'll be wearing a grey sweatshirt and white and orange freefly trousers if you want to come and say hello.

see you tomorrrow mate,

Adrian

#7 Shoeless_Ed

Shoeless_Ed
  • Members
  • 581 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive London

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

I'll be there from around 9.30 until 4 (Unless the Met is crap)

#8 DoubleH

DoubleH
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

I wont be there.....got a bollocking from the boss for continually trying to book holiday at the last minute when the weather looks good. Tosser ! :thumbs:

#9 Shoeless_Ed

Shoeless_Ed
  • Members
  • 581 posts
  • Home DZ:Skydive London

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

I wont be there.....got a bollocking from the boss for continually trying to book holiday at the last minute when the weather looks good. Tosser ! :thumbs:

then why don't you book every Friday off in May/Jun/Jul/Aug next year, then cancel on the Thursday if the weather look's crap, but say something like "I've got so much work to do so I am going to cancel my days holiday in order to get it done".

#10 angelinagriff

angelinagriff
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

Hi guys,

I am still on my consols, only done 1 so far so going somewhere 2moro coz wanna get at least 5 in if i can. Debating where to go tho, usually jump at Swansea. Suppose could come to Hinton with u lot then but if i wanna jump sat morn i'll av to move on to Cerney or Dunkes or somewhere else. Hope weather is ok.

Angie x

#11 p1mdg

p1mdg
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

Adrian: Will see you 2moro then dude, I'll be the guy in the black and orange freefly gear

Angie: You won't have any prob banging out a few more consols, there are always instructors on hand to dispatch. We're a friendly bunch, and have a lot of fun, if you've never been to Hinton before I think you'll love the place.... I do! As for jumping on Saturday, the Met looks pants but we're all going jumping at Weston which is just down the road from Hinton. Come and say hi, like I said to Adrian above I'll be the dude in black and orange

Haydn: Dude, do what I do............. Skive!
Ed: Tomorrow should be a giggle, you know you want it! 1 week Monday boys, aren't you glad we're not going to Russia :O

Mart.

#12 angelinagriff

angelinagriff
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Well i actually did the 1st 5 levels of AAF at Hinton and then finished it in Swansea. Know wot u mean, great place! I really enjoyed jumping there and the people i met were really fab. May see you there then.

Angie x

#13 p1mdg

p1mdg
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

Well, thats cool then! Maybe see you tomorrow!

#14 Goodie110

Goodie110
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:29 PM

I'll be there, see you guys tomorrow :thumbs: