Dave Gould

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 TomU

TomU
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

At the DZ yesterday, news came through that Dave was involved in a motorcycle accident whilst on holiday in Scotland.

Specifics, including his injuries, are unclear as yet, but I believe that he has broken one or possibly both arms, and that may not be all of his injuries, but I wanted to be the first person on here to say how gutted I was to hear about this and to wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke :( Would appreciate any updates regarding this from anyone in the know.

Tom

#2 Gixer

Gixer
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:37 AM

Dave's a top bloke... hope he gets well soon.

#3 dave1108

dave1108
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

Dave Gould is one of the sports top blokes.
A great rigger, a cookie monster and a gentleman in the true sense.

Dave, Hope you get better soon mate. Someone let me know where he is I want to send some cake :doh:

#4 BLawford

BLawford
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Jumps:850+

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

Bad news, not sure if Dave reads here but if so - heal fast buddy.

Will text him with my best wishes on my return to the UK.

Ben.

#5 James.UWE

James.UWE
  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

I've only just started jumping at Hinton, and Dave has gone well out of his way to help me getting my new rig sorted out, top bloke!

Heel fast mate :yes:

#6 grd 156

grd 156
  • Members
  • 702 posts
  • Home DZ:Nomadic
  • Jumps:158

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

bugger and damnation!! so sorry to hear about this!, daves a bloody good bloke and a nice guy all round too,i wish you a speedy recovery dave if you get on here that is

kaa kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :doh:

#7 legs

legs
  • Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Any news from Hinton? If I can be of any help!!!!!! :what:

Hope you're OK Dave :O

kaaaaaaa kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

#8 bellydancer

bellydancer
  • Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Oh no poor Gouldy!! :doh: :(

if anyone can shed further light on where he is ( and how he is obviously ) id like to send him some cookies and other sugar-laden treats.

#9 Emma

Emma
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Get better soon Dave! Everyone is so worried about you! Love you lots hun xx

#10 TomU

TomU
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

I have it on good authority that Dave has suffered two broken arms and was going in for surgery on one of them today... As far as i'm aware there are no further injuries and he should make a full recovery.

Hopefully someone from Hinton that knows more will be able to post further updates as to his condition as soon as we know more.

#11 legs

legs
  • Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

If anyone knows which ward / hospital he's in please let me know.... gotta send some sweet things!!!!!!!!! :D :D

#12 Jamie Dunbar

Jamie Dunbar
  • Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

I have it on good authority that Dave has suffered two broken arms and was going in for surgery on one of them today... As far as i'm aware there are no further injuries and he should make a full recovery.

Hopefully someone from Hinton that knows more will be able to post further updates as to his condition as soon as we know more.

How can he repack reserves with two broken arms! selfish bastard! :doh: Get well soon sir!

#13 Aizxana

Aizxana
  • Members
  • 393 posts
  • Home DZ:Netheravon
  • Jumps:560

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

aww poor dave! hope he makes a speedy recovery and feels better soon (and i'm sure everyone will make sure there's plenty of cake and chocolate around!) xx

#14 TomU

TomU
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:28 AM

How can he repack reserves with two broken arms! selfish bastard!

Now you can see why they don't normally let him stray outside of his rigging room! In a way i'm glad it's only a couple of broken arms - given what I heard happened to him, he's lucky not to have far worse injuries...

Hope you heal quickly mate!

#15 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:31 AM

The moral of this story?

Never go to Scotland.

I hope we can get sweets to him somehow, the idea of him having to go cold turkey in some foreign hospital is terrifying.

#16 mary

mary
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • Home DZ:Headcorn
  • Jumps:700

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

oh no :( poor Dave, please pass on lots of wishes for a very speedy recovery :heart:

#17 DEDjed

DEDjed
  • Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

Thats a real shitter and i know dave had been looking foward to his trip for some time!

Get better soon buddy

I would also like to get some cookie type things heading in his direction so if someone could find out where he is i too would be greatful for the info

Cheers tom for letting us know

#18 nads

nads
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Jumps:550

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Damb it what a bummer, wishing you fast healing! :heart:

#19 iamsam

iamsam
  • Members
  • 554 posts
  • Home DZ:Hinton
  • Jumps:480

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Bummer.

Heal fast Dave my reserve is due soon!!

I too would like to send sugary treats so anybody can post further info' would be appreciated.

#20 Joellercoaster

Joellercoaster

UKS Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,817 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson, Bodyflight Bedford
  • Jumps:1200

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

Heal fast Dave my reserve is due soon!!

Haha, mine is actually in at Point Zero!

All is good, I have a loaner for Nationals, thanks to the awesome likez2fly :thumbs:

I hope Dave knows how to play hopscotch. Poor Dave.