• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 eightwayliz

eightwayliz

UKS Verified Instructor

• Members
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Well between Dave's broken arms and my broken leg you can currently botch together one good rigger! Does anyone know if he's got anyone to read him his text messages? I've sent him a couple but I guess he probably can't read them without help at the moment.

#22 BannanaMan

BannanaMan
  • Members
  • 356 posts
  • Home DZ:Nomad

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

Get well soon Dave :thumbs:

( has anyone warned the nurses on his ward yet???) :thumbs:

#23 DW2

DW2
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

For those that want to send the guar some get-well-soon chocs/biccies/cake....

Dave Gould
Ward 23 Room 4
Paisley Royal Alexander Hospital
Corsebar Rd
Paisley
PA2 9PN

2 broken arms/suspected fractured pelvis.

Will update

Matt

#24 legs

legs
  • Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:18 PM

Choccy's ordered for delivery!!

I think the Hospital staff are going to be given a demonstration of the skydiving community at its very best!

I suspect Dave is going to have an endless supply of sweet things turning up.

Thanks Matt :whistle:

#25 Emma

Emma
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Just spoken to Dave. Bless 'im he had someone else to hold the phone because his arms are in plaster. He seemed in good spirits and I told him everyone is worried about him and how people have posted on here with their well wishes. He says to mention that he can't even wipe his own bum lol :P ! He mentioned about being starving as he's going to theatre again later but he might get some toast after! As long as it's got chocolate spread on it he'll be fine! ;)

Keep smiling Dave!

xx

#26 anvil

anvil

BPA Council Member

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

He says to mention that he can't even wipe his own bum lol :P !

Its times like this when you find out who your real friends are. Any volunteers? :whistle: Matt ??

Get well soon mate

#27 dave1108

dave1108
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

He says to mention that he can't even wipe his own bum

Yes, but how has the accident affected him?

:smt077

#28 p1mdg

p1mdg
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:36 PM

He mentioned about being starving as he's going to theatre again later

Well, it can't be all that bad if he is off to the theatre again later.... I wonder if they have any good shows on :whistle:
I suppose it takes more than a "ka-kar" to bring the Gwar Jedi Rigger down.... hehe, heal fast Dave, Love you man!

#29 JoggieBotma

JoggieBotma
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Home DZ:Hinton

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

Got this from Andy Bush who was with him at the time of the accident. 01413147023 - Ward 23
Not sure which hospital

#30 Terry

Terry
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:21 AM

Can't believe it! Told me all about his plans for the trip a few weeks ago and he didnt even make it out of Scotland. What a legend to this sport Dave is, hope to see you back at the DZ soon, heal well mate. Ka kAAAAAAAAA :rock: Terry

#31 BannanaMan

BannanaMan
  • Members
  • 356 posts
  • Home DZ:Nomad

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

He says to mention that he can't even wipe his own bum

Yes, but how has the accident affected him?

:smt077

Your a sick man Mr Lewis, quick but sick, is this now going to turn into 101 things that HAVEN'T changed since the accident

Can't wipe his arse

can't put his hand in his pocket to buy a round :smt005

Get well soon Dave

#32 Kye

Kye
  • Members
  • 757 posts
  • Home DZ:Sibson
  • Jumps:A few

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:48 PM

Christ. Get well soon, Dave!

#33 Jaydale

Jaydale
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

It's a real bummer to hear what happened. All the best Dave and get well soon.

#34 Emma

Emma
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi All,

Just spoken to Dave again. He can now feed himself!! But he has to get someone to cut his meals up for him! He's got some more surgery tomo on his left hand but is generally feeling 'ok' considering. You know how he is, good ol' chirpy Dave! He has received some nice choccies from Legs and a few other peeps and is happy he can now eat them himself!

He did say he needs some lovin' so all together now.......... :thumbs: :heart: :shock: :heart: http://www.ukskydive...tyle_emoticons/default/love.png :heart: http://www.ukskydive...tyle_emoticons/default/love.png :heart:

#35 mharri2

mharri2

UKS Verified Instructor

• Verified Instructors
  • 810 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:05 PM

Dave - Only you could do this so far outta range of the reaction testers that you got with the leg - et well soon dude cos we all rate ya :D

#36 bellydancer

bellydancer
  • Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hang in there Dave buddy !! Hope youve got lots of fit nurses fussing over you. Cookies baked and on their way along with loads of luuurve :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

#37 MissingPlanet

MissingPlanet
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Jumps:188

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

Went to see Dave tonight - he's just like Emma said (except he still can't wipe his own arse). He thanks everyone for their best wishes and sugary things, but make sure whatever you send him is small or can be broken up into small chunks. He can't use his mobile at the moment as the buttons are too small, but the phone number for the ward is right. He's looking forward to getting back home and resuming as normal life as possible as soon as possible. Typically positive for him - he says if he was going to have an accident, at least it came at the end of the holiday as he'd had a great time and can't wait to come back.

#38 legs

legs
  • Members
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:48 AM

He did say he needs some lovin' so all together now.......... :thumbs: :heart: http://www.ukskydive...tyle_emoticons/default/love.png :heart: http://www.ukskydive...tyle_emoticons/default/love.png :heart: http://www.ukskydive...tyle_emoticons/default/love.png :heart:

Isn't that Matt DW's job???? They are homosexual aren't they???? :thumbs:

Glad to hear you're in good spirits Dave :thumbs:

#39 Inthebuff

Inthebuff
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:56 AM

Dave mate sorry to hear about your smash.
Heal quickly friend and come on home.
The cakes are piling up and it's becoming difficult to see over the counter.

You are the number one top bloke on this planet and we wish you well :thumbs:

Paul & Frazer AKA ' Mad Dogs '.

PS . What are the nurses like :D

#40 MissingPlanet

MissingPlanet
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Jumps:188

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

Another Dave update - he had an op on his left arm on Thursday and is waiting to find out how it's doing - hopefully Monday, and with luck he'll be out not long afterwards. He's a lot better than he was when a saw him a few days ago - sitting up and moving around the bed under his own steam, shouting abuse at the Olympics and entertaining his roommates with skydiving anecdotes. I think the nurses only put up with him because of the enormous stack of sweet food surrounding his bed. He's asked me to give a big thanks to everyone who's sent him stuff, given him a call and wished him all the best here or elsewhere.